Mothers are the most special individuals in almost everyone’s life. The unique bond between you and your mother is something that lasts forever because your mother’s love is everlasting. Mother’s day is celebrated every year to honor mothers and show them how you appreciate the things she keeps doing for you. Getting the best gift for your mother may feel like a lot of pressure because no gift can match her love. However, handmade gifts are always more special, and what’s better than treating your mother on her day with a home-baked dessert?
Here are some Mother’s day meal ideas or recipes that you can make for your mom.
Mother’s Day Cupcake
Mothers will love anything you prepare for them. However, what’s more wonderful than preparing a cupcake with a message on it?
- Cake Batter:
- First, preheat the microwave to 350 degrees. You can also use a multifunctional Air Fryer to bake the cake if you have no oven at home.
- In a bowl mix butter and shortening and beat it at medium speed until it turns creamy. Add sugar and eggs one by one and beat the mixture until blended well.
- In another bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking powder. A stand mixer would be a good helper. Add the already prepared mixture along with buttermilk and blend the ingredients.
- Coat the baking cups with cooking spray and fill the cups in two-thirds.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Once done, keep it aside to cool.
- To prepare strawberry frosting, mix butter and strawberry puree and beat well. Add powdered sugar and salt gradually and continue beating until it turns creamy. For vanilla frosting also, follow the same method.
- Insert the end of a spoon into the center of the cake to make a small hole. Fill in the cupcake with strawberry jam.
- Then frost the top of each cupcake with the strawberry frosting and pipe vanilla frosting around the cake and write ‘Mom’ on top.
- Pour edible sprinkles on top and serve this best Mother’s day gift to your mom.
Mother’s Day Biscuits
Make your mother feel special by preparing some biscuits with quotes written on them. These biscuits are easy to prepare and are really delicious.
- For Biscuit:
- Icing and Decoration:
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, and butter until you get the consistency of breadcrumbs. Add sugar and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°.
- Take another bowl and beat eggs with vanilla paste. Once done, add this to the flour mixture and mix well until you get a soft dough.
- Wrap the bowl with a cling film and keep it aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Once set, roll out the dough and cut it out in any shape using a cutter.
- Set it on a microwave dish and bake it for 13 minutes.
- Whisk the icing sugar with lemon juice until it gets the consistency of thick cream.
- Divide this paste, add the food colors, and keep it wrapped aside.
- Take out the biscuits, and let them cool.
- Take out the icing mixture and thin the icing by adding the lemon drops.
- Pour the icing into a piping bag and start decorating the biscuits. Write any sweet message or quote for your mother on it.
- Keep the biscuits aside until the icing is set. Give this to your mom and see how happy she will be.
Mom’s Cinnamon Flapjacks
These cute “I love mom” cinnamon flapjack is definitely going to make your mother smile. This melt-in-the-mouth dish is extremely simple to prepare and is one of the best mother’s day gifts that you can give to your mom.
- In a bowl, pour the pancake mix, syrup, water, butter, and cinnamon and mix it well until it gets that runny consistency.
- Pour this mixture into a squirt bottle and keep it aside.
- Heat a griddle and grease it with butter. Squeeze the batter into the letters and cook it until both sides are golden brown.
- In a saucepan, add water, brown sugar, and butter, and bring to a boil. Simmer the stove and keep it like that for 4 to 5 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved. Once done, turn off the stove.
- Add vanilla extract to this mixture and stir well.
- Place the pancakes on a plate and serve them with syrup.
We hope these mother's day meal ideas help. Try these recipes on mother’s day and watch her brim with joy!