Easter is a Christian holiday that celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is traditionally celebrated with family gatherings, church services, and feasting. Easter recipes often reflect the symbolic and historical significance of the holiday, as well as the seasonal ingredients available during the springtime.
One of the most common Easter dishes is roasted lamb, which is often served as the main course during Easter dinner. This tradition dates back to ancient times, when the lamb was a symbol of sacrifice and redemption. In Christian tradition, Jesus is often referred to as the "Lamb of God," and the lamb served at Easter dinner symbolizes his sacrifice for humanity.
Easter eggs are another important symbol of the holiday. Eggs are a symbol of new life and rebirth, which are central themes of the Easter story. Many cultures have their own traditions surrounding Easter eggs, from dyeing and decorating them to hiding them for children to find.
Hot cross buns are a popular Easter treat in many parts of the world. These sweet, spiced buns are traditionally eaten on Good Friday, and their cross shape symbolizes the crucifixion of Jesus.
Other traditional Easter recipes include dishes that feature springtime ingredients such as asparagus, peas, and rhubarb. These fresh and vibrant ingredients are often used to create light and refreshing side dishes, salads, and desserts.
Easter recipes can be both symbolic and practical, reflecting the meaning of the holiday and the seasonal ingredients available during the springtime. Whether you're preparing a traditional Easter feast or putting your own spin on the holiday dishes, there are plenty of delicious and inspiring recipes to choose from.
Here are some cute easter recipes for kids to light up their faces for the special holiday:
Recipe 1: Easter Egg Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Food coloring (gel or liquid)
- Sprinkles, for decoration
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. You can use Acekool stand mixer MC1 for better mixing. To buy: $94.99 (was $139.99) amazon.com.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until a dough forms.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and add a few drops of food coloring to each portion, kneading the dough until the color is evenly distributed.
- Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each ball.
- Use your thumb or a small spoon to make a small indentation in the center of each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately sprinkle with colorful sprinkles.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe 2: Easter Bunny Cupcakes
- 1 box of vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 can of white frosting
- Pink food coloring
- Mini marshmallows
- Pink candy-coated chocolates or jellybeans
- Large marshmallows
- Pink sugar crystals
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and water. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the white frosting and a few drops of pink food coloring. Mix until the frosting is light pink.
- Frost the cupcakes with the pink frosting using a knife or a piping bag.
- For the bunny ears, cut a large marshmallow in half diagonally. Dip the cut side into pink sugar crystals and press into the top of the cupcake.
- Use a small amount of frosting to attach two mini marshmallows to the front of the cupcake for the bunny's cheeks.
- Use two pink candy-coated chocolates or jellybeans for the bunny's eyes, and a small pink candy for the nose.
Recipe 3: Rainbow Jell-O Easter
- 6 boxes of Jell-O in different colors
- 6 cups boiling water
- 6 cups cold water
- Cooking spray
- Large plastic Easter eggs
- In a large mixing bowl, add one box of Jell-O and 1 cup of boiling water. Mix until the Jell-O is completely dissolved. You can use Acekool stand mixer MC1 for better mixing. To buy: $94.99 (was $139.99) amazon.com.
- Add 1 cup of cold water and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a large measuring cup or pitcher and set aside.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for each box of Jell-O, using a different color for each box.
- Spray the inside of each plastic Easter egg with cooking spray.
- Pour the first color of Jell-O mixture into each egg, filling each egg about 1/3 of the way full.
- Place the eggs in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until the Jell-O has set.
- Repeat steps 6-7 with the remaining colors, layering each color on top of the previous layer until the egg is filled to the top.
- Once all the layers are set, carefully remove the Jell-O eggs from the plastic eggs by gently squeezing and twisting the egg until it releases.
Recipe 4: Easter Egg Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Food coloring in various colors
- Whipped cream
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. You can use Acekool stand mixer MC1 for better mixing. To buy: $94.99 (was $139.99) amazon.com.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Divide the batter into separate bowls depending on how many colors you want to use.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to each bowl and stir until the color is evenly distributed.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat.
- Using a spoon or a squeeze bottle, create an egg shape with the pancake batter in the pan or griddle.
- Cook the pancake until bubbles start to form on the surface, then flip and cook until the other side is golden brown.
- Repeat steps 7-8 with each color of pancake batter.
- Once all the pancakes are cooked, stack them on top of each other in the order of a rainbow, starting with the purple pancake on the bottom and ending with the red pancake on top.
- Top the pancakes with whipped cream and sprinkles, if desired.
Recipe 5: Chocolate Crackle Eggs
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12-16 small plastic Easter eggs
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Rice Krispies cereal, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder. You can use Acekool stand mixer MC1 for better mixing. To buy: $94.99 (was $139.99) amazon.com.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Place a small amount of the mixture into each plastic Easter egg, filling it about 2/3 of the way full.
- Close the egg tightly and place it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to set.
- Once the chocolate crackle eggs have set, remove them from the refrigerator and gently open the plastic eggs to release the eggs.
You can add some fried food to your table on Easter as snacks. Since all the other dishes are filled with sugar you can go the healthy way for fried snacks by air frying vegetables and meat. You want to make some crispy french fries, chicken nuggets or even some crumb fried chicken.
Acekool air fryers are the perfect machines for air frying food. These fryers can let you fry a range of food including chicken thighs, steak, fries, cake, vegetables and fish. There are air fryers suited for a family of 3 to air fryers that can handle a large family meal.
Featuring low noise operation, Acekool air fryers have preset functions that will allow you to fry different dishes to perfection, automatically stopping the cooking at the right time. These fryers ensure that the food is thoroughly baked to get the crispier, juicier flavor without too much oil.