Top Dishes You Can Consider Making In the 7 Day Air Fryer Challenge
Do you ever feel too lazy to cook a meal from scratch? If yes, then an Air Fryer Oven is the perfect appliance for you! Not only does it use less oil but also cooks food to perfection with little to no effort. And, if you are thinking about how versatile such simple equipment can be, then explore our diverse range of recipes that you can make in an Air Fryer. Right from appetizers and main course to sweet bread, Air Fryers can help you make them all. Take the 7 days Air Fryer Challenge and try out our 7 recipes today.
Who does not love the good, old, comforting chicken pie? This is one of the must-try recipes for an air fryer challenge.
2 chicken thighs (cut into cubes)
1 onion (diced)1 carrot (diced)
2 hard-boiled eggs ( cut into half)
2 small potatoes (diced)
Light soya sauce
Italian mixed dried herbs
Garlic powderWorcestershire sauce
2 sheets of puff pastry
- Season the chicken cubes with pepper and mild soy sauce.
- Saute onion in a pan/wok, then add carrots and potatoes.
- Cook the veggies with some water before adding the chicken cubes and mushrooms.
- Season with salt, black pepper, dried herbs, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce, if desired.
- When the chicken cubes are done, add some plain flour and mix thoroughly. Pour in some milk and continue to cook until the veggies are tender.
- To make the pie foundation, place 1 piece of Pampas puff pastry sheet on a non-stick baking pan (in an air fryer) carefully poke several holes with a fork.
- Place the cooked filling in the center and top with the eggs.
- Trim the extra on the edge to make it look neat. Brush with melted butter along the edges of the pastry.
- Cut the second puff pastry sheet to the required size to cover the top; press down the borders with a fork and poked small holes in the middle.
- Brush the top with melted butter and air fry for about 6 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius, or until golden brown.
Pecan Crusted Eggplant
This vegan air fryer eggplant might stun you – some things taste better cooked in an air fryer and surely one of them is eggplant. Pecan Crusted Eggplant is a stand-alone main meal that goes great with steamed veggies and grains like quinoa or rice.
2 tablespoons egg replacer
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
4 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 cup pecans
1/4 teaspoon marjoram
6 tablespoons almond milk
1 large eggplant
salt and pepper (for eggplant slices)
oil or cooking spray
- Mix and set aside a medium dish containing the egg replacer and water.
- In a food processor, combine the panko crumbs, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, mustard, and marjoram. Using a food processor, finely smash the crumbs. Process the pecans in short bursts until they are finely chopped. Take it slowly so you don't overdo it!
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the coating mixture on a shallow dish once it has been processed in the food processor.
- Whisk the almond milk into the egg replacer mixture until it is completely combined.
- Slice the eggplant into 1/2-inch slices and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dip the eggplant slices in the milk mixture, then roll them in the crumbs, pushing them down to fully cover them. Apply oil on both sides.
- Cook half of the eggplant in an air fryer basket at 390°F for 6–8 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Cook the remaining slices in the same manner as the first batch.
Grilled Corn with Lime and Feta Cheese
If you love grilled corn, then this recipe needs your attention. The creaminess of feta cheese and freshness of lime serve as perfect companions to corn.
2 whole corn on the cob
1/2 cup grated Feta cheese
2 teaspoons paprika powder
2-3 small lime
- Remove the silk from the husks of your corn. Rub the corn with olive oil and paprika, then massage it in with your hands.
- Preheat the air fryer — you can do this on your Acekool Air Fryer FT1 — to 200 degrees Celsius. Slide the corn on the grill plate and into the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Set the timer for 12-15 minutes. Take it out and inspect it while it's cooking. When required, adjust the timer.
- Remove the corn from the air fryer and set it aside on a platter. Remove the Feta cheese from the freezer and grate some on the corn with a grater. Add a squeeze of lime juice on the top and serve.
Almost everyone has tried their hand at making banana bread ever since the pandemic forced us to stay within the confines of our homes. Why not try making banana bread in an air fryer?
4 tablespoons plus
2 teaspoons unsalted butter (at room temperature)
¾ cup all-purpose flour, plus slightly more for dusting the pan
½ very ripe banana, peeled
¼ cup granulated sugar
¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
⅛ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
⅓ cup chopped pecans (toasted)
- 2 tablespoons butter, grease a 5 34-inch x 3-inch x 2 1/8-inch loaf pan (or 2 cup capacity). Dust the inside of the pan lightly with flour and tap out any excess. While you're making the batter, set it aside.
- Combine the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter, one half of the banana, and the light brown sugar in a medium mixing basin and mash together with the back of a spoon.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla essence, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Stir in the baking soda, baking powder, and flour until everything is well blended. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan after folding in the pecans.
- Close the drawer and place the loaf pan in the Air Fryer basket. Preheat the oven to 320 degrees F and set the timer for 30 minutes. Set the timer for another 20 minutes after the timer goes off, and bake until a wooden skewer or a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- When the loaf pan is done baking, pull it out of the basket with tongs and set it aside to cool for at least 20 minutes before turning it over a plate and removing the pan to release the bread. Serve warm, cut into slices.
Teriyaki Beef Tips
When grilling beef outdoors is not possible, you can try this recipe in your air fryer instead.
Ingredients (For Marination)
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl. Toss everything together in a blender, which is especially useful if you're using fresh garlic and/or ginger. The marinade should be enough to cover 1 to 3 pounds of beef tips.
- In a glass or ceramic dish, place your beef tips. Pour the marinade over the meat. You may also use a hefty zip-top plastic bag to provide enough coverage.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, or overnight if your schedule allows it.
- Remove the steak tips from the marinade with tongs and set them immediately in the air fryer basket. To maintain more of the rich, juicy marinade on the cooked tips, don't drain the beef. Yes, there will be some leakage, but wiping it up won't be an issue when using air fryers.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes at 400° F till well done. Reduce the cooking time if you want your beef tips medium or rare. Because the size of the individual pieces of meat has a role, this will require some trial and error.
- We recommend checking after 5 minutes of cooking time for little bits. A meat thermometer, particularly an instant-read variety, is quite useful in this situation.
Button Mushroom Melt
Looking for a decadent vegetarian appetizer? Button mushroom melt will not let you down.
10 button mushrooms
Salt and black pepper
Italian dried mixed herbs
- Remove the stems and rinse the mushrooms.
- Toss with a bit of salt, black pepper, Italian dried mixed herbs, and a drizzle of olive oil. Because mushrooms have their own distinct flavor, it's totally ok to leave off the spice. Using an Airfryer and a little olive oil to coat the mushrooms prevents them from drying out.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius for 3-5 minutes.
- While the Airfryer is heating up, insert all of the seasoned mushrooms in the wire basket, hollow side up. Top each mushroom cap with a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Air fry the mushrooms for 7-8 minutes at 180°C.
- Toss with some green herbs (optional) such as parleys, basil, drill, etc., and serve right away.
Spicy Chicken Wings
We’re ending our recipe list with an absolute favorite - chicken wings! Skip your restaurant plans and try this recipe at home in your air fryer.
6 pcs Chicken Wings
2 tbsp Lea & Perrine Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Chili Flakes
2 cloves chopped Garlic
1 tbsp Honey
Cooking Spray / 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Make sure the chicken wing is very clean and free of feathers.
- For at least one hour, marinate in Worcestershire sauce, chili flakes, honey, salt, and pepper. You may even marinate it ahead of time and store it for later use.
- Cooking oil should be drizzled or sprayed onto the chicken wings.
- Air Fry the chicken wings for 8 minutes at 160°C, then crank the heat up to 180°C for another 4 minutes.
We hope you will enjoy making these easy but delicious dishes and make the most of the trending Air Fryer Challenge.