The air fryer is without a doubt is one of the coolest kitchen equipment you can purchase. Without one, no kitchen is complete! A healthy alternative to deep-frying some of your favorite foods is to use an air fryer. It also has the added benefit of being extremely simple to use and can be up and running in minutes! The clean-up is often the polar opposite of how simple and easy it is to use the air fryer. While we all enjoy air fryer french fries, we don't particularly enjoy cleaning out the fryer basket of crumbs. So, "can you use parchment paper in an air fryer?" you may have wondered. Yes, you can!
Can Parchment Paper Be Used in an Air Fryer?
Yes, you may use parchment paper in the air fryer if you follow these guidelines:
- Cover the air fryer basket with paper.
- First, preheat your air fryer. When you put the parchment paper in the air fryer while it's preheating, it will fly up, strike the fan, and burn. When the food is ready to be placed inside, add the paper.
- Place food on top of the paper to prevent it from flying away in the heating element - this might result in a fire, so be cautious!
- Perforate the parchment paper, otherwise, the amount of air that circulates beneath the food would be insufficient, causing the food to cook unevenly. You may either buy a pre-perforated liner or build one yourself from the grocery store. To begin, cut a piece of parchment paper into the form of your basket. After that, dig holes in the parchment paper with a skewer or a paper puncher.
Foil Vs. Parchment Paper
In the air fryer, we suggest always picking parchment paper over aluminum foil. Because parchment paper is non-reactive, it is more adaptable than aluminum foil, which is reactive. Whatever food you put on the aluminum foil will react with the metal. Acidic foods, such as tomatoes, absorb heat and dissolve aluminum, allowing it to leech into your diet.
If you need to build firm grips to pull anything out of the air fryer, foil is the preferable option.
Can You Make Your Own Perforated Parchment Paper?
Make your own by following these simple instructions!
- Normal parchment paper should be cut to a size that is somewhat smaller than the basket size.
- To cut holes, use a small hole puncher.
- After you've finished preheating the basket with the food on top, place the parchment paper in it.
While making your own is simple, buying pre-made air fryer paper online is well worth your effort.
When it comes to placing parchment paper in the air fryer, there are just two regulations to follow. Never use parchment paper to preheat your air fryer. Food must constantly be on top of it, otherwise, the parchment paper will burn. Use parchment paper only if you have anything to weigh it down with. So, put your chef’s hat on and get cooking in your air fryer right away!